Below is a listing of our current openings. If you think that your talents are a good fit for our organization, we’d love to hear from you! No listing that meets your expertise? Introduce yourself anyway. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR – NEW YORK
The Wakeman Agency is a social change agency, providing Special Event and Public Relations services to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies, to advance important causes. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our special events team, as a part-time events coordinator. This role will provide a unique opportunity for qualified individuals to gain valuable skills related to high profile event planning for fundraising events, as you work closely with a small team to plan and execute a number of events throughout the year.
This is a high intensity role that requires an individual with a passion for event planning, that can manage many different personalities, work styles and shifting priorities with a cool head, based on client needs. The position demands attention to detail and an understanding of the nonprofit fundraising eco-system.
This position is 50% remote, and 50% in our White Plains, NY office.
· Research potential honorees and attendees for events, based on mission and goals of the clients.
· Prepare letters and correspondence, related to fundraising activities, as directed by senior event planners.
· Maintain log of all sponsor and ticket purchases, related to events.
· Participate in meetings with clients, to provide updates on activities related to events.
· Interface with event vendors, to provide direction on events.
· Make calls to potential donors, to request financial support for specific events.
· Reconcile all returned mail and update client mailing list with new contact information.
· Work with back office team to maintain accurate vendor database, venues, solicitations, etc.
· Prepare and distribute thank you letters to sponsors.
· Prepare correspondence and materials to send to Board of Directors and Committee members.
· Review event materials for accuracy.
· Assist with logging journal advertisements and uploaded them to FTP site, for use by graphic design teams.
· Answer emails and phone calls, regarding event logistics.
· Maintain updated reconciliation lists of donations and revenue.
· Provide on-site support at events, performing a variety of roles.
· 3+ years in special events or development role.
· Solid use of MS Office.
· Understanding of project management processes.
· Familiarity with Salesforce.com or other CRM tools.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties should email their resume, and a response to the questions below, to email@example.com. Please include Events Coordinator in the subject line of your email. Due to the high volume of responses, we can only respond to those individuals that we would like to interview.
1) What role have you played in planning events in the past?
2) What is the largest fundraising event you have helped to plan, and what was your specific role in fundraising?
3) What roles have you played onsite at events?
4) What New York City venues have you planned events at?
5) What skills can you contribute in the role of event coordinator?
The Wakeman Agency is a social change agency, providing special event and public relations support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies to advance important causes. We are seeking an Instructional Designer to work with us in a consulting capacity, to help create online training programs.
This role will require an individual to manage and execute the deliverables required to create the trainings. The position is a great fit for an Instructional Designer that has worked independently on projects, and understands how to extract information from subject matter experts to be used as content for user experiences.
The Instructional Designer will design and develop learning experiences for online courses. The goal is to create interactive, self-directed learning modules on specific subjects.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to transfer specific knowledge and skills into courses
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling content that enhance retention and information transfer
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods
- Create supporting materials (audio, video, simulations, etc.)
- Maintain project documentation
- Create exercises and activities to accompany the learning modules
- 4+ years of working experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of instructional design models and learning theories
- Skills in lesson and curriculum planning
- Strong knowledge of course development software and learning management systems
- Comfortable creating storyboards
- Proven skills writing effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Previous work experience leading projects from concept through completion
- Familiarity with taking concepts and information from Subject Matter Experts and translating them into practical learning scenarios for online courses
Interested parties should email their resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Instructional Designer in the subject line of your email. Due to the high volume of responses, we can only respond to those individuals that we would like to interview.
CONFERENCE PRODUCER – NEW YORK
The Wakeman Agency is a social change agency, providing Special Events and Public Relations support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies, to advance important causes. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a part-time conference producer. This role will serve as the chief organizer of a multi-day first time event that we are planning for fall 2017.
This is a fast paced role that requires an individual that can manage several aspects of planning the event, while overseeing vendors and partners. The ideal candidate for this role will be energized with the idea of taking an idea and bringing it to life, using their strong conference production skills.
- Develop project plan for event, based on scope and goals shared by Executive Team.
- Participate in the creation of workshops and panels for the event.
- Identify and recruit potential speakers for event.
- Develop event promotional brochures and organize campaigns to promote event.
- Work with Executive Team to identify, contact and generate sponsors for event.
- Research and generate conference ideas based on industry trends.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all aspects of the event.
- Secure sponsors for the event.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Identify marketing partners to promote events and reach targeted audiences.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Research and make recommendations for resources/tools needed to plan and execute the event.
- 5+ years in marketing or special events
- Solid use of MS Office
- Understanding of project management processes
- Familiarity with Cvent or other event tools
- Experience managing conferences from concept to execution
- Successful track record of sponsorship sales for events
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Interested parties should email their resume and a response to the questions below to email@example.com. Please include Conference Producer in the subject line of your email. Due to the high volume of responses, we can only respond to those individuals that we would like to interview.
- As a conference producer, what do you find most challenging with first time events and how does your expertise help?
- What is the most complex conference or event that you served as lead producer on? Please share your primary role and the size of your team.
- What has your experience been with sponsorship sales for events?
- How would you describe your leadership skills?
- Why are you potentially interested in this role?