Gilles Montezin Bridal is a luxury, high-end bridal design company that wanted to debut its bridal line during the Bridal Market and garner press for winter/spring season. Bridal Market is held every April and October. Comparable to Fashion Week; designers display their lines to the media and retailers.
The Wakeman Agency was tasked with garnering awareness for an unknown/unproven brand that was competing at the luxury end of the market with well-known brands such as Vera Wang, Amsale and Monique Lhullier. In addition at the time we were retained the line was in production and only 3 of the 10 dresses in the collection were actually completed. The other seven were sketches that limited our ability to provide samples to editors.
The bridal fashion market is highly saturated. Magazines have traditionally given coverage to those fashion houses that have some level of brand recognition.
With an aggressive schedule and fierce competition, The Wakeman Agency crafted a tactical plan that focused our efforts on working directly with the editors and a few select retailers to get their input on the dresses and the renderings – allowing them to be a part of the creative process to some degree created an emotional connection to the successful launch of the new line. We also hosted a launch party to introduce the completed collection to bridal fashion’s elite including Martha Stewart Weddings, Grace Ormonde, Brides, Bergdorf Goodman and others.
This strategy tied in directly with the objectives of:
- Cultivating relationships with bridal media
- Garnering publicity in major bridal publications
- Generating exposure for the line with a niche group of retailers
- Introducing the line to brides-to-be to drive interest and sales for the new line
- Television segment on ABC-Eyewitness News profiling the designer.
- One-month airing of the segment in New York City taxi cabs for a 4-week period post-Bridal Market.
- Attendance by every major bridal magazine and website nationally and internationally
- Heavy social media interaction by media representatives who shared photos from the event with their networks.
- Placement on the cover of two magazines and coverage by more than 35 print publications.
- The line was picked up by Kleinfeld Bridal, the most famous bridal store in the world