About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, providing support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications, and strategic counsel.
We are seeking a highly organized and resourceful person to support the agency’s CEO. The assistant must possess flexibility, strong business judgment, and communication skills to manage a variety of activities every day. The goal is to make the CEO as productive as possible.
The Assistant will be responsible for handling administrative and personal tasks on behalf of the CEO. He/she will interact with internal/external stakeholders and must be proactive, resourceful, decisive, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This is a full-time opportunity. The role Assistant will work out of his/her own home office however, the role will require in-person meetings and errands in Westchester County on a regular basis so only candidates based in Westchester with access to a car will be considered.
- Facilitate the work of the CEO by anticipating needs and managing all administrative support functions including information triage and exchange, calendar/meeting management, travel preparation, writing, and assignments based on ongoing projects.
- Leverage problem-solving and decision-making skills to diagnose challenges and issues.
- Expert planning and coordinating skills to prioritize own daily tasks.
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines and/or proposes appropriate course of action or response.
- Prepare correspondence (emails, letters, etc.) on behalf of the CEO.
- Conduct accurate and insightful research.
- Attend to ad hoc personal tasks such as errands and appointments, gift buying, event planning, etc.
- Coordinate appointments for household maintenance, maintain records of service and issue payments to vendors.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Conduct daily briefings with the CEO to keep her well informed, following up as requested.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Four plus years in an administrative support role
- Comfortable with standard office technologies
- Diplomatic with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to get strong results with minimal supervision
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Mindset geared towards anticipating needs
- Confident expressing concerns, roadblocks, or suggestions for improvements
- Willing to become the administrative backbone for the organization’s leader
- Solid experience working in a remote office environment with access to your own workspace and the equipment necessary to do the job
- Flexibility to work outside of the traditional 9 am-5 pm schedule, as needed.
- Intermediate level user of MS Office
- Familiarity with project management software and CRMs
- Based in the Westchester, NY area with access to a car
The full-time salary for this role is $54,600. Full-time employees receive three weeks of paid leave, a healthcare stipend, a technology stipend, can contribute to a 401K, and pension after 1 year of employment.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] with “Assistant” in the subject line.