About The Wakeman Agency
The Wakeman Agency is a social change agency that works with progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies to advance important causes. We are looking for a freelance Content Creator (CC) to help promote and build our brand via email, social media, and other digital channels, along with performing specific aspects of campaigns for a select group of clients.
This is a newly created role. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to shape it and make it their own. The core work of the CC will focus on creating content, including visuals and messaging, that speaks to various target audiences in effective ways, with clear and appropriate calls to action. An ability to analyze data and metrics in response to content shared and the ability to determine necessary pivots that either augment success or address a lack of response, is key.
The CC has solid experience developing impactful and strategic content, a strong visual eye, and an understanding of the ecosystem of social change and the most pressing social issues of the day. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in social justice work, who has a solid understanding of digital practices and how to creatively leverage the digital ecosystem for brand building.
- Develop content that is aligned with organizational objectives and priorities.
- Ideate and develop emails, social media posts, and on occasion, short blog posts
- Develop and execute content for digital campaigns
- Develop and manage a content review and approval process
- Identify opportunities for high-impact campaigns to highlight the agency’s thought leadership and priority initiatives
- Monitor news and current events for our priority issue areas
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador, internally and externally, to ensure that the content that is created and shared best reflects and propels the agency’s vision and mission
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience creating content that is as visually compelling as it is in terms of messaging
- Delivers high-quality work product under tight deadlines, with fast turn- around with little oversight and revision
- Strong skills writing copy that reflects key messages that will drive action
- Strong skills designing content that catches the eye and pulls viewers in
- Experience developing content for issue-based campaigns is necessary
- Ability to set and meet priorities in the midst of multiple priority projects