About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, providing support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications, and strategic counsel.
Reporting to the CEO, the inaugural Director of Communications & Events will serve as a key member of the leadership team and a driving force in the agency’s continued growth. The Director will oversee the team responsible for all client-focused work in the areas of strategic communications, PR & special events. In addition to day-to-day team management, the director will work closely with the CEO to help set strategic priorities and ensure organizational goals are successfully achieved. The Director will be responsible for business development and oversight of the agency’s client portfolio. He/she should be up-to-date on industry trends and best practices. Previous experience in an agency setting will be critical.
Although we work remotely, the selected individual must be available locally in New York for in-person client meetings and events, when they resume.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Proven experience in leading client engagements from ideation through execution
- Develop, plan, and execute communications strategies that meet and exceed client goals
- Seven+ years in an agency environment
- Three+ years of leading and managing teams
- Mentor and develop staff in support of a culture of innovation, curiosity, and excellence
- Understanding of fundraising events process
- Help identify, engage and convert prospects for new business
- Manage and delegate responsibilities for daily workflow of multiple projects at various stages of client engagement
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Strategic mindset
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including extensive experience writing and editing.
- A passion for mission-driven work
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected]. In the subject line, please put Director of Communications & Events.