MEDIA TRAINER FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE INITIATIVE – (CONTINENTAL US)
The Wakeman Agency is a social change agency that amplifies the voices of mission-driven causes and the people who lead them. We provide strategic thinking and execution, via public relations, special events, and thought leadership training that builds influence and generates revenue for important social causes. We are seeking a collaborative and strategic-minded communicator, who is passionate about social change, to join us in a consulting role as a Media Trainer.
The experienced media trainer will support our new initiative, the Narrative Justice Project (NJP). You can find details about the project at https://www.thewakemanagency.com/narrative-justice-project/.
This role will work with members of our team to provide media training to individuals in communities of color. The goal of the training is for participants to learn how to leverage the media during times of crisis or upheaval in their respective communities.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for, and experience in, social change and social justice-related issues and understand how they impact these communities. The trainer will have high emotional intelligence and the ability to identify areas of importance that may shift from community to community. The trainer knows how to take challenging concepts and make them approachable and learnable for a wide range of audiences.
This position demands an understanding of how the media works, sensitivity toward biases in media coverage of communities of color, and the ability to gain buy-in and trust from participants. The media trainer will also have experience crafting key message points, and be able to share tips and real-life applications to participants during the training.
- Min three years of media training experience
- Experience working in underserved communities
- Strong training and facilitator experience
- Comfortable with the use of technology tools
- Experience conducting focus groups and surveys
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel around the country to training locations
- Self-starter who is able to take on assignments and deliver results
- Instructional design and technical writing skills are a plus but not required.