Project Manager, Project Management Office
About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, providing support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications, and strategic counsel.
The Wakeman Agency is relaunching its Project Management Office to offer greater accountability and oversight of our external projects. We rely on Project Managers to help define the scope of work, talent allocation and resource management, budget, key milestones, timelines, and deliverables. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of project goals as agreed upon between the agency and its respective clients.
- Have responsibility for a portfolio of projects with varying degrees of complexity and scope
- Oversee, manage, and communicate the status of workstreams
- Ensure the quality and consistency across all projects is in keeping with the agency’s standards of excellence
- Using Asana, create and maintain project timelines, project briefs, with input from team members
- Ensure projects stay on budget and within the approved Scope of Work
- Escalate any scope creep in a timely manner
- Provide project status on a regular basis to the project team(s) and client
- Work with the project leads to resolve project-related issues; escalate larger project issues and risk
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership at all times
- 3-5 years of project management or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an agency environment
- The ability to oversee disparate resources during the project lifecycle
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Familiarity with social issues
- Operational knowledge of strategy and implementation of deliverables
If the idea of working on projects for progressive organizations that endeavor to change the world is appealing, then we’d love to hear from you. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
This is a full-time position with eligibility for benefits including paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, health insurance and retirement savings. Salary is within the range of $65,000 – $80,000. Qualified candidates expressing interest in this position in a part-time capacity will also be considered.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] In the subject line, please write: Project Manager.