About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, providing support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications and strategic counsel.
We are looking to expand our team to include another Senior Event Manager. The candidate will have a proven record of delivering breakthrough events strategies and programs from developing and managing the timeline to executing critical engagement tactics at the events that achieve and exceed our clients’ goals. We work primarily with nonprofit and social enterprise organizations. The SE Manager would be responsible for creating revenue-generating events that help to raise our clients’ profile. The ideal candidate will have experience with fundraising events and understand the unique needs of the nonprofit community. In addition, the SE Manager, will also manage conferences and other types of branded engagements for clients.
The candidate must live in the NYC Metropolitan Area.
This is an opportunity to be a key contributor at a growing agency. This position demands an exceptionally creative and dynamic special event professional who is organized and can manage a variety of projects, personalities and deliverables, often at the same time.
- Develop concepts for client events tied to key business objectives and goals
- Create production documents to give clients visual overview of the event environment
- Develop fundraising strategies to maximize revenues for all charity events
- Manage event staff during the planning and execution of events
- Develop creative briefings and vision for events
- Develop full project plan around each event, inclusive of project timeline and resources required
- Present innovative, creative concepts to clients that help to tell their narrative at the event
- Budget tracking and analysis for events
- Manage prep and debrief/postmortem process with senior team for each event to
- identify process improvements
- Create status reports documenting progress of event projects
- Make recommendations for in-person, virtual and hybrid events based on client needs
- Staying abreast of technology trends and resources that can be used for events
- 7+ years successful event management experience
- Comfortable working with Boards of Directors and donors on behalf of clients
- Experience creating unique and valuable programs and events
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead projects from inception to completion
- Experience with virtual event platforms and live streaming
- Understanding of events and sponsorship cycles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable conceptualizing large scale events
- Ability to handle projects of sensitive or urgent nature in a professional/timely manner
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (as necessary) for evening events
- Proven track record of planning and executing events with targeted financial goals
- Internet savvy
- Familiarity with CRM tools (Salesforce, etc)
- Comfortable and artful at managing client expectations.
If the idea of planning events for progressive organizations that endeavor to change the world is appealing, then we’d love to hear from you. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
This is a full-time position with eligibility for benefits including paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, performance bonus, health insurance and retirement savings. Salary is within the range of $70,000 – $85,000. Qualified candidates expressing interest in this position in a part-time or consulting capacity will also be considered.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected]. In the subject line, please write: NYC Special Events Manager.