About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, providing support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications, and strategic counsel.
The Wakeman Agency is relaunching its Project Management Office to offer greater accountability and oversight of our external projects. We are seeking a Special Events Project Manager to manage a portfolio of projects. We rely on Project Managers to help define the scope of work, talent allocation and resource management, budget, key milestones, timelines, and deliverables. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of project goals as agreed upon between the agency and its respective clients.
- Have responsibility for a portfolio of communications projects with varying degrees of complexity and scope
- Oversee, manage, and communicate the status of workstreams
- Ensure the quality and consistency across all projects are in keeping with the agency’s standards of excellence
- Using Asana, create and maintain project timelines, and project briefs, with input from team members
- Ensure projects stay on budget and within the approved Scope of Work
- Escalate any scope creep in a timely manner
- Provide project status on a regular basis to the project team(s) and client
- Work with the project leads to resolve project-related issues; escalate larger project issues and risk
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership at all times
- Ability to proactively assess the health of a project and report any potential barriers to meeting milestones or project outcomes
- Understanding of nonprofit events and ability to assess project needs and outcomes
- Five years of project management or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of experience working in a nonprofit in a special events or development role
- The ability to oversee disparate resources during the project lifecycle
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Must be located in New York City and able to travel to convenings and events across New York City
If the idea of working on projects for progressive organizations that endeavor to change the world is appealing, then we’d love to hear from you. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ people are strongly urged to apply.
This is a part-time hourly position for 15 hours per week. The role has the potential to transition to full-time at the beginning of Q3 2023. The hourly rate for this part-time role is $25-$40 per hour.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected]. In the subject line, please write: Special Events Project Manager.