Digital Strategist – (CONTINENTAL US ONLY)
The Wakeman Agency is a social change agency that works with progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies to advance important causes. We are looking for a Digital Strategist (DS) to promote our brand via email, social media, and other digital channels, along with designing campaigns for a select group of clients.
This is a newly created role. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to shape it and make it their own. The DS will develop email campaigns to strengthen ties with our audiences and cultivate new relationships. This individual will be responsible for growing our mailing list and testing content across various platforms to grow our audience.
The DS has experience developing content and understands the ecosystem of social change and the most pressing social issues of the day. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in social change and has a solid understanding of digital practices. The DS will work closely with our PR team to further our reach and the reach of our clients through their work. Most importantly, our Digital Strategist will take satisfaction in bringing ideas to life via social platforms. We need someone that can is proactive and knows how to get stuff done.
- Develop impactful strategies and successful execution to deliver on organizational objectives
- Ideate and develop emails, social media posts, on occasion, short blog posts
- Develop and execute campaigns related to social issues
- Develop and manage a content review and approval process
- Identify opportunities for high-impact campaigns to highlight the agency’s thought leadership
- Monitor news and current events for our priority issue areas
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador, internally and externally to ensure that the content that is posted best reflects the organization’s vision and mission
- Create social media plans and editorial calendars for the roll-out of new campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience and a minimum of three years experience in nonprofit communications, online campaigning, or related fields
- Experience developing content for issue-based campaigns
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to set and meet priorities
- Write and deliver high-quality work product under tight deadlines