About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, providing support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications and strategic counsel.
The Wakeman Agency is seeking a collaborative, and strategic-minded operations professional, to oversee the day-to-day operations of the company. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations will work to ensure that the organization is performing efficiently and effectively at all times. Responsibilities include human resources, accounting, vendor management, project management, data & systems management, as well as oversight of the processes that ensure the organization operates at peak efficiency.
While this is a telecommuting part-time (or consulting) role, we are looking for an individual that is interested in transitioning into a full-time role with the agency. We offer a collaborative work culture. People that are able to work independently and are interested in contributing their experience, thoughts and ideas thrive in our fast-paced environment. This is an opportunity to be a key contributor at a growing agency.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Oversees all aspects of project management, ensuring teams and individuals are following best practices and reaching all goals set by the organization.
- Works closely with the CEO on budgeting and staff allocation.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with the entire staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves client satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts between teams to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Manages vendor payments and processing of payroll.
- Manages contracts with consultants and vendors.
- Manages onboarding of new employees as well as performance reviews and serves as the primary point of contact for HR-related issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to forecast and plan for agency needs based on established goals and trends.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Asana, and Salesforce software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of social and racial justice-related issues
Education and Experience
- Previous PR, marketing, or advertising agency preferred, but not required
- Superior project management skills
- Team management experience
- P&L responsibility a plus
The Wakeman Agency is committed to diversity and promotes an inclusive culture. Applications from women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected]. In the subject line, please put “Head of Operations”.