About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, providing support to progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications and strategic counsel.
The Wakeman Agency is seeking a collaborative, and strategic-minded communicator, who is passionate about social change, to join us as a Public Relations Account Executive (AE). The ideal individual will have experience leading accounts for nonprofit clients in an agency setting. This role is remote, but the AE must be within commuting distance for client meetings and events in and around the New York City area.
The AE must have a proven track record of developing and executing successful PR programs. This position demands an understanding of the changing media landscape and a willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Manage a portfolio of projects. This includes managing team workflow and taking ownership of projects to produce consistent results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements.
- Develop communication plans, including strategies, tactics, media outreach and timelines to serve as the roadmap for the period of engagement.
- Work with the Media Relations Specialist to create media pitches.
- Frequent interaction with clients to build rapport and trust.
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior-level staff, including interns.
- Participate in team huddles and brainstorming sessions to develop strategies and ideas.
- When needed, provide support for projects outside of the assigned portfolio.
- Prepare monthly status and activity reports.
- Make recommendations on behalf of project goals.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate big picture ideas into action.
- Understanding of the nonprofit landscape and current social issues.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, confident style of communicating with media and clients, and a proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Positive, professional, and flexible attitude that lends itself to superior service.
- Comfortable and artful at managing client expectations.
- Self-starter who is able to take on assignments and deliver results.
- Solid research skills.
- Familiarity with Cision, Meltwater or similar tools.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of seven years paid experience in an AE or comparable role in an agency setting.
If the idea of working in PR on behalf of progressive organizations that endeavor to change the world is appealing, then we’d love to hear from you. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
This is a full-time position with eligibility for benefits including paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, health insurance, performance bonus and retirement savings. Salary is within the range of $85,000 – $110,000. Qualified candidates expressing interest in this position in a part-time or consulting capacity will also be considered.
ApplyTo apply, please send a resume to [email protected]. In the subject line, please write: Social Justice Public Relations Account Executive.